Formycon is a leading, independent developer of high-quality biopharmaceutical medicines, especially biosimilars.
With an experienced team comprised of more than 170 professionals, the company is able to span the entire value chain of biosimilar drug development, from market analysis and protein analytics, to the development of production processes, to clinical trials and the regulatory approval process.
Formycon is making a major contribution towards providing as many patients as possible with access to vital and affordable medicines. Based on its extensive experience in the development of biopharmaceutical drugs, the company is also working on the development of a COVID-19 fusion protein.
To support our team in Martinsried near Munich, we are looking for suitable candidates for this full-time and permanent position, to begin work as soon as possible.
This role has the strategic and operational accountability for procurement transaction. This comprises in particular selection of appropriate suppliers, management of bidding processes, negotiations of commercial terms and agreements as well as coordinating the ordering process. The Head of Procurement will directly report to the Chief Business Officer.
- Hands-on management of the procurement process focusing on external development services
- Selecting global vendors as service providers for our complex value chain
- Professional management of bidding process, negotiation of commercial terms and agreements
- Coordination of the ordering process and optimization of our procurement process
- Continuous relationship management with our strategic suppliers
- Strong collaboration with internal and external peers and partners
- Setting up a professional procurement department
- Minimum 3 years of professional hands-on experience in comparable position
- Business experience in strategic purchasing and procurement of development services on a global basis
- Experience in life science industry
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Desire to be part of a team and an organization where scientific and business excellence are shared values
- Fluent in English and German
- Result oriented, well organized, proactive, problem solver and able to work independently
- Creativity and enthusiasm for working in a dynamic fast-growing biopharmaceutical company
- German work permit is mandatory
- Flexible working time
- Mobile working
- 30 days paid vacation
- Formycon pension
- Group accident insurance
- Formycon card
- Continuing education offers
- Team spirit and great working atmosphere (table football, table tennis, free drinks etc.)
- and much more!